Monday, March 5, 2018

Just soar

We are all busy - too busy if you ask me.
Poor Son#1 went from no homework to writing 5 tests a week, some of them covering a whopping 9 chapters.
Plus homework on top of that.
Just to put it into perspective: he is 12.
How on earth learning is supposed to be fun this way is beyond my scope of comprehension.
It slobbers and gobbles up our lives, having to stay home and study every single weekend.

There is my work, the husband's work, Son#2's homework, music lessons, medical appointments, my studies and an inability to stay upright after 7 p.m.
One can't get much done lying down, so my window of activity is tiny.
Son#2 and I go to bed together every night, until the husband picks him up and carries him to bed. 


I spoke to my mum and we talked about obstacles & how I keep thwarting my own success.
I seem to always trip myself up.

I'm listening, mother dearest.
Shake off the shite.
Love yourself a little.
Don't be afraid.
Just soar.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment